A key role in governance
The Directors of the GEMS Learning Trust have established a Local Academy Board at GEMS Twickenham Primary Academy. Members of this board play a key role in supporting the Board of Directors to fulfil their statutory, contractual and regulatory duties of governance to ensure that the Academy fulfils the needs and expectations of parents, children and the community.
The Local Academy Boards have the following functions:
- To receive constitutional matters from the Trustees
- To review and approve policies in accordance with the policy review cycle as delegated by the Trustees.
- To engage with stakeholders; pupils, staff, parents/carers and the community
- To monitor the effectiveness of the complaints policy and procedures; provide one or more representative the Trust on a complaints panel
- To ensure that each Academy meets legal requirements to publish information online
Monitor educational experiences and standards
- To scrutinise data and information regarding the attainment and welfare of all children
- To determine timing and arrangements for parents’ evenings
- To be consulted on a wide range of issues such as Academy uniform, term dates, the school day, provision of after-school clubs etc.
- To support activities including trips, reading etc.
When undertaking school inspections, Ofsted inspectors will wish to see evidence of the impact of both the Board and the LAB on improving school standards and often wish to meet with representatives of the LAB.
Parents can email the LAB at email@example.com
Who are we?
- Principal: John Smith
- SENCO: Kizzie Elliott
- Parent member: Erika Oddy (Chair of the Local Academy Board)
- Parent Member: Beth Hodder
- Parent member: Stuart Bessent
- Cllr. Clare Head - Councillor Clare Head is Councillor for the South Twickenham Ward.
- We currently have one vacancy for a co-opted member.
Minutes of Meetings
LAC meetings September 2015 - July 2017
Get in touch
If you would like to contact a member of the LAB please send an email to the address below:
More details can be found by clicking below in the Terms of Reference.