For all ages
Beyond the classroom, every GEMS School offers enriching experiences and extra-curricular activities. All round pupils, all round the year, pupils of all ages can take part in activities to pursue their interests, and have the chance to develop and explore new ones.
From creative and performing arts to subject extensions and sporting activities we offer a range of activities to suit every energetic young mind. Enriching extra-curricular activities build children's aspirations, give them foundation and transferable skills and help them make new friends in the school and have fun.
- A wide range of age appropriate clubs are offered both before and after school for Key Stage 1 and 2 pupils.
- Including sewing, graphics, computer coding, film making, gardening, chess and even magic!
A longer, but more rewarding, day
The school day begins at 8.30am and finishes at 4pm, every day.
Parents also have the option to send their children to the range of clubs after 4pm, every Monday to Thursday.
We will also provide childcare, at an additional cost, from 8–8.30am, and from 5–6pm, should enough parents request this.
After school clubs will include:
• Breakfast club
• Writers club
• Homework club
• Subject support sessions
• Chess club
• Singing lessons
• Art and Design
Trips and Visits
- A series of trips each term for each year group
- Directly linked to our topic work for example a Tudors topic may include a trip to the Golden Hinde in Clink Street to experience a mock ship battle against the Spanish.
- Our location gives us access to a wealth of historic and educational institutions in London and around the school, for example, Richmond Park, Orleans House,
- Activities with local businesses eg pizza making at Ask Italian Restaurant, nutrition workshops at Heavenly Dish and assisting shoppers at Sainsbury’s to support their food bank initiative.
- Residential trips for our Year 4, 5 and 6 Key Stage 2 pupils.