A key role in governance
The Directors of the GEMS Learning Trust have established a Local Academy Board at GEMS Twickenham Primary Academy. Members of this board play a key role in supporting the Board of Directors to fulfil their statutory, contractual and regulatory duties of governance to ensure that the Academy fulfils the needs and expectations of parents, children and the community.
The Local Academy Boards have the following functions:
- To receive constitutional matters from the Trustees
- To review and approve policies in accordance with the policy review cycle as delegated by the Trustees.
- To engage with stakeholders; pupils, staff, parents/carers and the community
- To monitor the effectiveness of the complaints policy and procedures; provide one or more representative the Trust on a complaints panel
- To ensure that each Academy meets legal requirements to publish information online
Monitor educational experiences and standards
- To scrutinise data and information regarding the attainment and welfare of all children
- To determine timing and arrangements for parents’ evenings
- To be consulted on a wide range of issues such as Academy uniform, term dates, the school day, provision of after-school clubs etc.
- To support activities including trips, reading etc.
When undertaking school inspections, Ofsted inspectors will wish to see evidence of the impact of both the Board and the LAB on improving school standards and often wish to meet with representatives of the LAB.
Who are we?
Principal: Pippa Hogg-Andrews
Pippa Hogg-Andrews is Principal of of GEMS Twickenham Primary Academy.
We currently have one vacancy for a staff member.
Parent members: Zahid Khan and Raj Dattani
Zahid Khan is a father of one of our reception pupils and a Legal Advocate for GK Associates.
Raj Dattani is also a father of one of our reception pupils and is a Program Director for UBM.
Co-opted members: Cllr. Clare Head
Councillor Clare Head is Councillor for the South Twickenham Ward.
We currently have one vacancy for a co-opted member.
Get in touch
If you would like to contact a member of the LAB please send an email to the address below:
More details can be found by clicking here in the Terms of Reference.