Inspiring education and achievement for life
At GEMS Twickenham Primary Academy we have the unique opportunity to grow a school right in the heart of the TW2 community. And, we want our school to speak right to the hearts of the community too - as well as the young minds!
That's why, in consultation with local families, we have carefully crafted our ethos and values. Twickenham Primary Academy families can be assured that we are reinforcing the things that are most important to them. And, what's more, these values are woven into our curriculum. They are not symbolic; we live and breathe them.
Leading Through Innovation
- To provide first-rate facilities and an innovative, inspirational learning environment.
- To recruit staff that are innovative, energetic, passionate about their subject and committed to the value of an all-round education.
- To ensure our pupils achieve their academic potential through outstanding teaching, which is forward-looking, encourages independent thinking and lays the foundations for lifelong learning.
- To ensure that our pupils excel academically in reading, writing, mathematics and science all throughout primary school, and make exceptional levels of progress from their starting points.
- To provide a curriculum that is broad and balanced, offering rich and varied opportunities for the development of academic interest and intellectual curiosity.
- To ensure that our pupils enjoy a creative and enriched curriculum profiling art, music and drama.
Growing by Learning
- To provide a curriculum that offers a wide range of enriching, enjoyable and challenging activities, which stimulate and develop the interests of each child, and promote a healthy lifestyle.
- To enable our pupils to develop independent learning behaviours.
- To ensure that our pupils are happy, secure, confident and valued for their individuality.
- To ensure that our staff continue to develop in their roles through high-quality support, guidance and on-going training.
- To instil regular and robust self-evaluation and collective review ensuring that the whole school is a learning organisation.
- To develop pupils' spiritual and moral values, self-discipline, responsibility, resilience and respect for themselves, others and the environment.
- To develop pupils’ awareness of the world that we live in and responsibilities they have as global citizens.
- To nurture a positive and inclusive relationships with the wider community.
All of these values are shared with over 250,000 GEMS children around the world, which makes your child in Twickenham part of a global community already. Click here to find out more about GEMS Core Values, and how other GEMS Schools around the world live them in their schools.